Ridgetop - our place and how we muddle along

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not cattails, might be dog fennel.
It sounds like the sheep are enjoying their new home.

This crud sure is hanging on to y’all. Have yall been to a doctor or clinic since yall got there? Might be a good idea to get checked out. Maybe even a different prescription. Just thought if Vicks VapoRub. Rub some on each others back before bed, wear a t-shirt and go to sleep. That stuff loosens up the congestion and clears the lungs.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am getting better with the cough, but DH's is hanging on. He doesn't have the head congestion so probably draining into lungs instead of blowing it out. I think I will take him to Urgent Care in SS. Unloading the trailer, carrying boxes, and stacking the alfalfa probably isn't doing his lungs any favors either with the coughing. We are taking lots of rests as we work which is why it seems to be taking so long to do things. My mind is also operating on a 30-year-old age working time expectation instead of Prime working time actuality. LOL

Finally got the trailer unloaded yesterday evening but have to get everything inside and then unpacked and put away. That will be my job once the furniture is moved in. The electric outlets are all in the wrong places in the office, so we have to get some extension cords with the flat plugs to fit behind the heavy furniture. :mad: Another trip to Lowes. Can combine it with the trip to Urgent Care, the feed store for more pellet, and possibly the pharmacy after Urgent Care. Went to the post office and the property tax people to register DH's 80% VA disability and Senior and homestead. Could only do the VA disability since they required a TX driver's license for the others. Did get our horse halters back from Bob in the mail. After dinner I found an old type of basket pullout that was the right size for one cabinet so I installed it. Crawling into a 14" wide cabinet opening to screw down the frame at the back was difficult. Then it was just a millimeter too far to the side so the basket scraped the frame as it was pulled out which meant that loaded down it would not work. Back into the cabinet to remove the frame and then remeasure and reinstall. It was almost all I could do to shimmy back out. I would have called DH to help pull me out but with my head in the cabinet and his bad hearing I would have languished there for days. I finally squirmed out. This time the basket rolled perfectly so I cut a piece of cardboard to line it with, put stuff back, and decided to quit for the day. Today I have to install 2 more slide outs - this time in 11" wide openings. Oy Vey!
:th

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH here had / has the same crud you two have. That damn cough lingers - goes away for a few days and comes back. He's using the cold and cough pills that help. Told him to use the mouthwash (from YL) for at least a few weeks - it should kick whatever the bug is out - takes time (he thought it was a one and done thing) and needs to be used for at least a week after the cough stops. It's still a process here. Hope both you kick it soon - it's especially a drag when you've got so much to do.