Canesisters 2024 journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my gosh... it's been a while!!

Work update
Things are still going good. I STILL haven't finalized my Creel training. 😒 I have to show 3 skills, 1 of which is being able to spot a particular issue between moving lines of fiber .... which will require a little experience ... which would require TIME in the creel - which I have not gotten.
I THINK that I MIGHT be staying on day shift 🤞. They are keeping me on the Beamer almost exclusively for training & I've heard that it's because the usual Beamer operator on my crew is moving to nights. Which would leave a day opening for an operator 🤔.
We did a preventive maintenance day. There were several tasks that the whole team had to work together on to get the whole machine taken apart, cleaned & back together so that the crew working today could start a new product this morning.
BUT... I was tasked with getting 1 particular roller that had been giving us trouble cleaned enough so that we could attach a new set of flaps. They gave me a scraper, a box of magic erasers & access to a drum of acetone. It had spots of up to 1/4" deep baked on resins. 3hrs later ... the supervisor was taking pictures of the sparkling, shiney bare metal! And me (probably a little high) running my hands over it Vanna White style saying My Precious... my Precious
🤣😅🤣😅

Little interesting or new happening on the farm. Birdie & the cats are all doing well. Eva & Blossom are too.
Pretty much just keeping the grass mowed & playing around with flower beds.
I DID start the seeds from that 1 little Trash Tomato that grew last summer out of pavement at the dump. They should be ready to go outside by June - which is really when we're safely past cold nights.
Oh! And "Suprise!" My asparagus died off last year. Grubs or moles I thought. But guess what I noticed in the weeds the other evening! 💗 Enjoyed a nice serving of butter fried asparagus & rice for dinner. 😊