Natural Asset Co.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
WARNING There is a quiet push for something that will change this country if it ever gets put through... heard this on the Glenn Beck Program and did a little searching... the ESG and climate nuts are pushing for a Natural Asset Co to go on the NYSE and it will allow anyone... foreign countries... rich people... to buy into these and they will be able to eventually control all land, public and even some private... from stopping commercial farming operations, to preventing grazing of BLM lands... to no more development ... to not allowing clearing of existing land ... to you name it... even to curtailing the public use of National parks and such because it might not be "sustainable"....

Please.... look it up and contact your local and state and federal elected people and tell them that this is NOT in the best interests of the country...

I found some stuff upon googling it and it is VERY SCARY..... RealClearMarketing has a very straight forward article on how it will affect us... Something similar happened in Sri Lanka and it has nearly bankrupted the country and they no longer are able to produce near enough food for their own people...

It is putting a value on the natural resources in this country, and giving this NAC the control over any and all things like mining, drilling, gas, oil, coal, grazing, public use of federal lands... to controlling the rights of farmers for irrigation using the natural aquifers.....

The "comment phase" has been shortened to Jan1, 2024...

Contact any one you know and ask them to look into it....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
How would they be able to control without making laws or holding ownership? Before I get into reading ---

If on stock exchange, there would need to be some tangible assets. Is this a proposed buy out of lands?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is in the "SUSTAINABLE" part of this that is really really concerning... like what we went through with the whole WETLANDS designation that were so far off the wall.... any standing water in a field after hard rains for a few days were considered wetlands and farmers were stopped from using those lands for any use including some grazing but mostly for any crops... even though these fields were no more wetlands than any other place that got a deluge of rain and were wet for a few days... but it was a real nightmare for some farms to have to PROVE that they did not actually have a wetlands... because some do gooder decided that a wet spot constituted a wetlands... and things like the Army Corp of Engineers had control over your private property because of the designation.... or stopping someone from putting in a pond because they had a spring that made it a soft, muddy area, that they were trying to have a pond to collect the water and stop things like mosquito breeding swampy spots... and still have a place for wildlife to utilize a "natural water source"....but they were disturbing the land and this is not sustainable... It happened several times to farmers and landowners wanting to improve their property and also mitigate things like swampy places where mosquitos were breeding and then the diseases they spread...

RealClearMarkets has a real good article and presentation on how this can and will give control to these companies and eventually control what you do.... it is part of the "takeover" of people's own control over their own lives...they don't have to "own" the land... they become the "property managers" of things like gov't land and such... and it they determine that what you are doing is damaging, they will bring suit and cause you to have to fight them and then they will bankrupt you, and they will take over the "management" so that it is in a "sustainable" form....

Are we ready for them to stop all drilling, all mining, all extraction of oil and natural gas because it is not "sustainable"????? Stop all irrigating of crops because it is drawing on some of the natural aquifer's ..... to stop people from living in the country because it is "destroys" natural processes.... that people need to live in cities, and then they can control what you do and where you can go... this is what it is coming to.... CONTROL......

This is along some of the stupidity of places like Calf that won't let you shoot coyotes, or cougars, because they are a part of the "natural world"... yet they are destroying the farmers that are raising some of the food crops.... with burdensome regulations.... and laws that will control what you can do and can not do on your own land... Remember even what @Ridgetop faced with their aunt's place as far as what they could and could not raise on that property.... another stifling law and rule on what they could and not do on their own land that once was property that could be utilized to raise some livestock.... that was local rules... but it was one more rule/law... and it is the same idea... there will be "oversight" that will eventually make it so you cannot afford to farm because they have put such burdensome regulations and it will be in the name of ESG and all that tied to all the carbon credits and all this. I for one do not want to live where I cannot do what I want on my own land but that is where this is going... just like trying to regulate no more "fossil fuel vehicles" wanting all electric stuff... can't mine for the minerals here.. but these companies have "carbon credits" to offset having it mined elsewhere... but they are controlling it....so in essence they have control over what you can do or can't do, and where you can do it...

I do not want things to get to the place where we are destroying the land, and I do not agree with some of the "commercial farming practices".... but we cannot feed the country and have crops for sale for income to help pay for farmers to stay on the land.... if they stop all the commercial farming that they say is not "sustainable".... it will result in such control over people that it is scary....
I have always said that the time was coming when other countries/rich people.... will come in and grab us by the balls and say, now, you do it my way or we won't give you enough food .... because we have turned over so much of our farmland and farms to outsiders.... and so much ownership of companies and so much production that has been moved to other countries.... it is coming....

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
A quickie explanation....
“. . . where doing so is consistent with the company’s primary purpose,” a NAC would also be required to “seek to conduct sustainable revenue-generating operations,” and “may also engage in other activities that support community well-being, provided such activities are sustainable.”

This sounds like they would have the right to put up wind farms, solar farms, etc. wherever and on whatever land they chose, regardless of ownership.