New to forum

Zembar

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am new to this forum. I am new to growing in Minnesota, so having to learn new soils, new climates new growing seasons etc. We have been here a few years but do to circumstances, were not able to put in gardens. That will be changing this year. I will be building some raised beds as well as in ground crops. Also will be starting up permanent herb beds and getting the fruit orchard planted. Ambitious year but up for the challenge.

Attachments

• IMG_20170901_230114.jpg
    IMG_20170901_230114.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 18

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome from the western side of VA. Glad you are joining us....
Family? Animals? Working or "in your prime" of life?
Several of us have journals, and most comment on several threads...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the Piney Woods of East Texas. Putting in a garden is a good thing! I moved almost 2 years ago, but only have a few things growing in tubs. I raise Katahdin hair sheep and have been concentrating on infrastructure, fence, fence and this year a small barn. There are some old sheds and crummy chicken coops where I want a garden to go. Got to tear them down.

We have a coffee thread, some of us say good morning and or comment through the day. Stop by and say hello!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
My grandma always said as soon as you move to a new house plant fruit trees. They will grow while you are busy doing other stuff since they take several years to bear fruit. When they start to bear you will be surprised how long you have been at the "new" place! Have fun!