The journey into the abyss of no return

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Was poking around online and I found what I need. Now fun part is, you buy enough to do one panel then shipping will equal the price of the aluminum. If you got some capital and are bit on the insane side, you can buy in bulk such as 50 sticks or thereabouts and pay next to nothing in shipping. That brings the price down to $203 a panel for materials, but would anyone in their right mind pay around $500 per a panel w/o shipping.
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 18-32-42 Metals Depot.png

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okey doke - you asked for pics of the panels I was talking about - here's a bunch....
The basic 4ft panel front side:
IMG_6546.JPG

Basic 4 ft panel back side...
IMG_6541.JPG

Top where each half panel come together - I need to loosen the screws and tighten that gap.....
IMG_6545.JPG

The bottom where the two half panels come together....
IMG_6543.JPG

The connector rod (and screws) that connects the two half panels
IMG_6547.JPG

and the end of that connector rod...
IMG_6548.JPG

AND there is also a 2 ft extension that fits in between the two half panels so you can have a 6ft panel like this....
IMG_6539.JPG

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Okey doke - you asked for pics of the panels I was talking about - here's a bunch....
The basic 4ft panel front side:
View attachment 106999

Basic 4 ft panel back side...
View attachment 107000

Top where each half panel come together - I need to loosen the screws and tighten that gap.....
View attachment 107001

The bottom where the two half panels come together....
View attachment 107002

The connector rod (and screws) that connects the two half panels
View attachment 107003
and the end of that connector rod...
View attachment 107004
AND there is also a 2 ft extension that fits in between the two half panels so you can have a 6ft panel like this....
View attachment 107005
Very fancy in house made or special ordered aluminum shapes there. Won't find any material shaped to match up to that.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
No doubt that Premier has made in mass....and not cheap but, excellent product. You would not be buying this quantity in material or having manufacturing plant and equipment to do -- not this year at least. :old. They are well established supplier. Not manufacturer.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been around for years - probably have contract with mfgr who churns out in bulk.

I like the Prima Gate and the 4' gate is only $130. But by the time you buy the 2' extension ($61), the hinge, there are two kinds - 360 degree hinge or universal connecting hinge - either one at $16, 3' ground rod/connecting pin $8, and the aluminum connecting pin for $6.25, you have invested a lot more than the $130 price which is tempting. It adds up to about $300 plus shipping. On the other hand, if you are using it as a stationary gate for the electric fencing it makes sense since it is much more convenient.

How do you install it so it doesn't conduct the electric charge? Or does aluminum not conduct electricity? It might be something I should get to use with my electric fencing.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Been around for years - probably have contract with mfgr who churns out in bulk.

I like the Prima Gate and the 4' gate is only $130. But by the time you buy the 2' extension ($61), the hinge, there are two kinds - 360 degree hinge or universal connecting hinge - either one at $16, 3' ground rod/connecting pin $8, and the aluminum connecting pin for $6.25, you have invested a lot more than the $130 price which is tempting. It adds up to about $300 plus shipping. On the other hand, if you are using it as a stationary gate for the electric fencing it makes sense since it is much more convenient.

How do you install it so it doesn't conduct the electric charge? Or does aluminum not conduct electricity? It might be something I should get to use with my electric fencing.

Aluminum conducts electricity very well, in fact better than steel. It's what in the service lines that are going to your house, about 2/0 AWG aluminum wire. Use to be in mobile homes back in the 50's to almost 70's, but they kept causing fires. Wood, fiberglass, glass, plastic, leather and rubber are good insulators. Zip ties rated for 150 lbs hold my electric fence on the corners and I am using barbless wire for my electric fence, I know for sure it isn't going to break.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but seems I have a entrepreneur streak in me on whatever I deal with combined with multipotentiality to excel in it if there is a market.
Got bacon seeds to gley a pond and now I'm buying a Berkshire boar to expand, part of this is @Baymule fault, actually I'm going to blame her for all this right down to the zip ties.
I've got 8 months to get it together before the boar is ready to start, but I'm going to turn 40 acres of my property into rotational grazing with farrow shelters and such.

Little bit of a backstory couple years ago I got contracted out to clean a property off that had 5th wheel and junk on it. Well I did and moved the 5th wheel to my property to tear it down, well I got so far and had to stop. Ended up with city slicker buying a place near here and one day he stopped and asked when I was going to be done tearing 5th wheel down and said I need to hurry it up. I took it as insult and in retaliation I never finished it, so every day he had to drive by to look at it. I kept the weeds down so it wouldn't get lost and freshen the mess every few months to keep it looking bad.
Over time I bought the property next to where that 5th wheel was at and the irony is I ended up buying the property the 5th wheel was on from the people who bought it from real estate agent that I cleaned it up for. So there is 60 acres in that area 3/4 mile to a mile from here.
Anywho, I started cleaning the 5th wheel up yesterday and you think the city slicker won after that? Nope that's the place where all my birds are going to go including guinea fowl that I'm going hatch their eggs less than half of a mile from his play house as we call it. Each time he drives out to relax from this big city he is going to hear African geese and guinea fowl going off with a LGD if something isn't right.
Here is a map, the green we own, the magenta is where the pigs will go that we own, the orange dot is where the birds will go, black is where arsehole part time neighbor is at, blue is property with water well I dug we own, grey is BLM land and purple is the 300 acres we want attached to us. We have 124 acres in this whole mess so far. The property between the the green ones and the black one is 60 acres and has natural spring on it year around we might get.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 07-11-31 Montana Cadastral.png

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very fancy in house made or special ordered aluminum shapes there. Won't find any material shaped to match up to that.
Orrrr take that idea split panels and run with it.
I don't know what it is, but seems I have a entrepreneur streak in me on whatever I deal with combined with multipotentiality to excel in it if there is a market.
Got bacon seeds to gley a pond and now I'm buying a Berkshire boar to expand, part of this is @Baymule fault, actually I'm going to blame her for all this right down to the zip ties.
I've got 8 months to get it together before the boar is ready to start, but I'm going to turn 40 acres of my property into rotational grazing with farrow shelters and such.

Little bit of a backstory couple years ago I got contracted out to clean a property off that had 5th wheel and junk on it. Well I did and moved the 5th wheel to my property to tear it down, well I got so far and had to stop. Ended up with city slicker buying a place near here and one day he stopped and asked when I was going to be done tearing 5th wheel down and said I need to hurry it up. I took it as insult and in retaliation I never finished it, so every day he had to drive by to look at it. I kept the weeds down so it wouldn't get lost and freshen the mess every few months to keep it looking bad.
Over time I bought the property next to where that 5th wheel was at and the irony is I ended up buying the property the 5th wheel was on from the people who bought it from real estate agent that I cleaned it up for. So there is 60 acres in that area 3/4 mile to a mile from here.
Anywho, I started cleaning the 5th wheel up yesterday and you think the city slicker won after that? Nope that's the place where all my birds are going to go including guinea fowl that I'm going hatch their eggs less than half of a mile from his play house as we call it. Each time he drives out to relax from this big city he is going to hear African geese and guinea fowl going off with a LGD if something isn't right.
Here is a map, the green we own, the magenta is where the pigs will go that we own, the orange dot is where the birds will go, black is where arsehole part time neighbor is at, blue is property with water well I dug we own, grey is BLM land and purple is the 300 acres we want attached to us. We have 124 acres in this whole mess so far. The property between the the green ones and the black one is 60 acres and has natural spring on it year around we might get.

View attachment 107009
LOVE IT! Yeah payback is golden to Mr Insult. Last laugh and all. 😊👍🏼 and love how you guys are adding more and more property. Wish we could do that here. 40 ac on our east was available $$$$$ 10 on our south $$$ pockets here are not deep and prices unrealistic. 😕

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to move to TX...it appears to be the gathering place of all BYHers (except for us, sorry guys).
I left Texas for here, well at least there was one stop before along the way, but yeah. Nope I got more room here for lower price.
Orrrr take that idea split panels and run with it.

LOVE IT! Yeah payback is golden to Mr Insult. Last laugh and all. 😊👍🏼 and love how you guys are adding more and more property. Wish we could do that here. 40 ac on our east was available $$$$$ 10 on our south $$$ pockets here are not deep and prices unrealistic. 😕
Tactical is what I'm good at as he isn't first neighbor I have dealt with like this. I ended up moving cause of a neighbor like this except they had more power due to permits and regulations enacted in the state of Texas and I ended up losing a home I was building by hand to them. I learned and got very smart.
This land is becoming too expensive too, was $20 to $30k for these parcels and still is if one can get it from someone who bought it decades ago, but if a real estate agent gets it it's about $90k plus now and has increased to that price in past 3 years. Last parcel cost us $75k, hopefully we can get a hold of the 300 acres before it goes to real estate.