The journey into the abyss of no return

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You are just feeding them. But then they can feed you! Christmas goose anyone?
I only got 5 adult geese and now 3 goslings, maybe if I can get up to 20 or 30 I will consider that.

After rotating eggs 5 times a day the past 88 days since I started this adventure of hatching duck, geese, and guinea fowl 440 times I need to spend my time more wisely since no one wants these birds. I ordered this little do-hickey so I don't have to stop 3 times during the day to go turn eggs. Going to shove it in my fridge incubator.
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 07-02-20 Conturn 120 Set - Automatic Egg Turners and Hatch Baskets.png

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lucky bacon bits!! Nice job.
Thanks, first time to step out from behind the camera, sure need a mic for it. I think whoever buys the pork will be lucky too!
Your pond is holding water!
Got to save all the water you can, good save.
Actually it's receding faster than it came down. Unless I gave them full reign past the driveway to pack it down it will never hold water. Just draining under the driveway which is deepest spot you see on the video and I risk going any further down and hitting rock in which I think I might have. So it's essentially just one giant slop pit, time to move them.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Makes me wonder about raising a hog.
Seems pretty easy compare to waterfowl and poultry. Seriously I don't have to clean their house out every couple of weeks, easy to keep contained, they don't play in their water trough, the feed to how much you can make off them is cheaper, feed everyone has and lastly, people actually want them more than what I got here.
Only one buying duck eggs are those with chicken egg allergies and more is going out than coming in on income. Every dollar made ten leave.

Latest posts