…when I’m sixty four.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I intend this to be conversations about homesteading as we grow older but it’s not confined to that and everyone is welcome. For you younger people the title is a refrain from a Beatle’s tune and while I’ve left 64 in the rear view mirror I thought it was apt. There’s even a verse about digging a garden (I’d forgotten 😜). Anyhow enjoy-

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m having the time of my life. Not too happy with the drought and horrible heat, but that will go away by at least October, should be cooler in September.

I should be using this time to do things in the house, you know, RAINY DAY kind of stuff. But-NO rain in 2 months, except for that 3/4” that fell in July 20.

Gotta go!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Done a all of it in bits and pieces before 64 - it all came together after 64.

Doing the garden, digging the weeds
Who could ask for more?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?

LOL I just had to look it up! Now it's going through my mind on an endless loop!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Truck was here to pick up the roll off box with all the roof debris. Anatolians were going spastic.

IMG_4820.jpeg

IMG_4822.jpeg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Loved that song!

I plan to live forever. That is why I have to remain in my Prime. DH laughed at my plan, but I told him he had to stick around too. Told him if he goes first, I will wrap him in Saran Wrap and prop him up under the AC set on low. He didn't like that idea, so I figured it was a good threat to keep him going.

WillBkool

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I've been gardening for 40+ years and have raised chickens on a .34 acre lot in a small city in NW Florida. I purchased 40 acres in southern Mississippi back in May the day before my 62nd birthday. I hope to have a lot done by the time I'm 64. lol

Attachments

• McHenry40.jpg
    McHenry40.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts