ADGA Issues

ToriHenning

Just born
Reaction score
I am trying to purchase a new membership on the ADGA website so I can register my goats at a lower rate. However, when I try to go through and create the membership, it lets me get all the way through and then once I'm done, it will say everything looks good and that it will be added to my cart. When I click OK, it logs me out and I have to log back in. Once I log back in, I have nothing in my cart.
I’ve done this about 10-15 times now. I’ve refreshed the page, gone incognito, cleared cookies, sent in a support ticket, and have called the “help line number” with no luck. Even during their, 1-4pm window, it says they aren’t there to take my call. At this point, I am beyond frustrated. Any help would be useful.
I just got my 2 ND does who are going to be the beginning of my breeding program and would like to do everything properly. I know I can register them without a membership, and I may just end up doing that. They are bred and would like to have this done before they kid in February.

Thank you

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you print it out and mail it?

Send the 2 girls reg at same time.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Go to library, log in on theirs. May go thru, otherwise print. Here it's 5cent a page to print. I haven't gotten my phone to talk to my printer😡🫤. So that's what I do.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi. You can try again the next day and see if they have fixed the bug. There is also a number you can call during business hours on their time (till 4) Monday through Thursday and try your luck with the phone system, or you can register with a different registry like AGS and do ADGA if/when they get their act back together. Registered American goats can be bred to dwarf and offspring registered with MDGA-possibly experimentals bred to dwarf for the same result as well, but I haven't gotten into that to fact check it.

ADGA is not currently behaving like a good registry right now and for the last several years. I'm not sure I can recommend them. Refusal to disclose years worth of financials according to their own rules, refusing to do an audit, rumors of confusion on the tax front as a not-for-profit vs non-profit, taking payments but not providing service, sometimes not for months and sometimes never, failure to respond to members registration issues (but they WANT you to keep paying them, and they'll get to you when/if they feel like it). Silence to the paying members requests for info and the silencing of new directors that want to change things and fix things. Their service and member trust has become a joke. You can try the above, but I recommend at least dual registering your stock with someone else so you don't get caught in a rush if ADGA goes down.

Registered Nigerian dwarves have LOTS of options and can always be registered with ADGA later. Keep your paper registration. I'd head over to AGS for now personally (they can also register with TMGR and MDGA as a bonus).

You might want to consider joining your breed club to be kept in the loop of things. I think it's called ANDA.

The adga membership also has a fb group you used to be able to get a response to. I think whoever was in charge has stopped that now but you're welcome to try. Sorry to ramble. Picking my brain for anything I've got to help you. Here's the link. The registry started a different page with a similar name where only show dates, positive stuff. and I guess sort of propaganda is allowed, so I give you the link instead of the name. You're welcome to try there.
Here's the link.

Everyone and especially the big money ND breeders are NOT happy. No papers and their goats are just brush goats. AGS is not quite the same. And ADGA "provides" (through someone else's donation of time that they don't appear to appreciate) a website called ADGA genetics where you can get into ALL the pedigrees, LA scores, milk records, and more. There are a lot of breeders stubbornly holding out hope for ADGA just because of that website's services. You are welcome to join them.

I'm close to the jumping off point myself. Once I breed myself into a corner with my current bucks I will be considering going Mini-Lamamcha and not dealing with ADGA again. I want the registrations and adga genetics, but I think we're going on maybe 4ish years of service (give or take) that would get a normal business put out of business if not sued and investigated by the govt for fraud, so holding onto hope on my little front seems really naive.

Either way, welcome to the registered dairy goat world. It's better than this, I promise.

ToriHenning

Just born
Reaction score
Hi. You can try again the next day and see if they have fixed the bug. There is also a number you can call during business hours on their time (till 4) Monday through Thursday and try your luck with the phone system, or you can register with a different registry like AGS and do ADGA if/when they get their act back together. Registered American goats can be bred to dwarf and offspring registered with MDGA-possibly experimentals bred to dwarf for the same result as well, but I haven't gotten into that to fact check it.

ADGA is not currently behaving like a good registry right now and for the last several years. I'm not sure I can recommend them. Refusal to disclose years worth of financials according to their own rules, refusing to do an audit, rumors of confusion on the tax front as a not-for-profit vs non-profit, taking payments but not providing service, sometimes not for months and sometimes never, failure to respond to members registration issues (but they WANT you to keep paying them, and they'll get to you when/if they feel like it). Silence to the paying members requests for info and the silencing of new directors that want to change things and fix things. Their service and member trust has become a joke. You can try the above, but I recommend at least dual registering your stock with someone else so you don't get caught in a rush if ADGA goes down.

Registered Nigerian dwarves have LOTS of options and can always be registered with ADGA later. Keep your paper registration. I'd head over to AGS for now personally (they can also register with TMGR and MDGA as a bonus).

You might want to consider joining your breed club to be kept in the loop of things. I think it's called ANDA.

The adga membership also has a fb group you used to be able to get a response to. I think whoever was in charge has stopped that now but you're welcome to try. Sorry to ramble. Picking my brain for anything I've got to help you. Here's the link. The registry started a different page with a similar name where only show dates, positive stuff. and I guess sort of propaganda is allowed, so I give you the link instead of the name. You're welcome to try there.
Here's the link.

Everyone and especially the big money ND breeders are NOT happy. No papers and their goats are just brush goats. AGS is not quite the same. And ADGA "provides" (through someone else's donation of time that they don't appear to appreciate) a website called ADGA genetics where you can get into ALL the pedigrees, LA scores, milk records, and more. There are a lot of breeders stubbornly holding out hope for ADGA just because of that website's services. You are welcome to join them.

I'm close to the jumping off point myself. Once I breed myself into a corner with my current bucks I will be considering going Mini-Lamamcha and not dealing with ADGA again. I want the registrations and adga genetics, but I think we're going on maybe 4ish years of service (give or take) that would get a normal business put out of business if not sued and investigated by the govt for fraud, so holding onto hope on my little front seems really naive.

Either way, welcome to the registered dairy goat world. It's better than this, I promise.
Thank you SO much for your descriptive response! I am definitely not happy with ADGA at this moment. I grew my herd a bit more since this post. I bought a buck and another doe. My support ticket has not been answered yet. I was able to get someone on the phone regarding how AGS works with ADGA. They told me that they just started working with the AGS and that if I register my goats through the AGS, it will take *years* for me to register my current ND goats and any kids that they may have through ADGA again. When I first started out, I was told that the ADGA registry was the best for showing and milking etc. I’m just at a loss and will probably end up going with another registry to sort this out. It’s already confusing starting out from scratch, it’s EVEN MORE FRUSTRATING, when the registry that I was to use doesn’t even care anymore. Thank you again for your reply.

Tapsmom

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ayup ADGA is currently a mess! It seems to have started when they launched their revised website called NG and it has been a mess since then. My herd is all ADGA registered and some are AGS. But I will be dual registering them with AGS over the Winter. Unfortunately the shows in New England are ADGA and there are not many AGS or even ANDA shows around. We also have Nigerian Dwarf goats and have been breeding them since 2012. I just tried to renew my membership with ADGA by clicking the link and it tells me it isn't found..

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
All my goats are registered with AGS except my new buck and I am getting him dual-registered asap. I have never had anything but a good experience with AGS, and that's been super helpful for a beginner like me. Good email response times, quick paperwork returns and helpful staff. I do want to get started with ADGA in the future, but only if I hear they've changed.