Excessive mucus in pregnant ewe

sheep_scout

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I recently picked up a young pregnant ewe, Dorset/Suffolk cross. She appears to be way closer to lambing than I thought, and is only 10 months old so that is a bit concerning. Very uddered up, ultrasounded by previous owners with a single.
The past few days she has had long strings of clear mucus, 4-5 inches long. This morning she also had a bit of white mucus. She has definitely not been in labor yet, I have been checking her and my other heavily bred ewes every 3-4 hours.

Is this in any way concerning? I’ve had goats, sheep and cows for many years and never have seen one have this much mucus without being in labor.

Attachments

• IMG_5272.jpeg
    IMG_5272.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5267.jpeg
    IMG_5267.jpeg
    683.9 KB · Views: 27

sheep_scout

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I figured I was overthinking it! :) I’m just surprised she has so much, and probably more that I don’t see.

sheep_scout

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Had it happen and drove myself crazy waiting for week while she just laid there and sneered at me.lol
Ewe code! 😅 Not having a due date is driving me crazy. But, my other ewe is on day 148 and also driving me just as crazy checking for signs. Either way you can’t win!

Last edited: