hi

willvanwyk

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
hello my name is Will Van Wyk It is my life goal to start and run a successful goat farm I am new to this I don't have a farm or goats yet... but I am working on fulfilling my
goal and anyone who would like to join me on this journey I would welcome I could use any help I can get (and miracles) to help me fulfill my goal it is nice to be part of your family and I look forward to meeting you all - Will

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi,
Welcome! :frow
You should put your approximate location in your "about" section of your profile so you can find if there are BYHers near you. Also, with farming a lot of information is regionally relevant, so if you ever need to pick anyone's brain for information to help you on your pursuit you will hopefully get more relevant tidbits (it's different farming in New York state vs in Texas).

willvanwyk

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi,
Welcome! :frow
You should put your approximate location in your "about" section of your profile so you can find if there are BYHers near you. Also, with farming a lot of information is regionally relevant, so if you ever need to pick anyone's brain for information to help you on your pursuit you will hopefully get more relevant tidbits (it's different farming in New York state vs in Texas).
thank - you I did that already that will help quite a bit:)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from East Texas. I raise Katahdin hair sheep. I was a member here for 5 years before I got sheep. I read the forums, deciding if I wanted goats or sheep, settled on sheep. Then I discovered hair sheep.

I read past posts, and learned a lot. I asked questions and good people here answered them.

So read the goat forums, lots of good information in old posts. Study dairy and meat goats, study the different breeds. It will give you a starting point and you won’t become a goat owner in total ignorance. LOL But I can tell you, having this forum and the wonderful people in it has shaped my farm and made me a better sheep owner.