I would like to show my nubian buck

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My Nubian buck Misty Creek Farm Blue Bayou is built very nicely, while I dont think he would bring home any ribbons or place at all I would like to experience showing and he is the best I have right now (I technically could show my reg. doe but she doesnt walk as nicely on a lead) The only problem is, i cant find any buck shows AT ALL in NC. Wrong time of year maybe? i need some help finding a couple shows I could take him to and what to expect from showing as I have ZERO experience with it.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
The only buck shows will be at ADGA open shows but not all of them will have buck classes. To find buck classes at shows go online to ADGA and search for shows. Usually the only buck shows will be offered by larger clubs (and usually will offer buck classes only if a member(s) or friends want to put championships on their own bucks).

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here. I'm on limited Internet right now, but I think the info you seek either IS on this page or will be next year.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here. I'm on limited Internet right now, but I think the info you seek either IS on this page or will be next year.
Ive scoured the list, theres only two shows slotted for next year so far and both I believe are in Texas
Im thinking they will be listed soon bc the year is coming to a close

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
There's also a "Buck Wild" show in TN in Octoberish and a "Son-of-a-Buck" show in Virginia.
Normally we prove our buck through our does. Buck shows are more for fun...I'm not sure who thinks it's fun to have a mass gathering of stinky spitting bucks, often in rut, but some people do. There are ADGA fb groups for people who like shows and show dynamics and politics. Each has it's issues but try "ADGA district 3" as well as "ADGA district III".

Last edited:

emily7788

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Finding buck shows in NC can be a bit challenging, but you can try reaching out to local livestock or goat clubs for event info. As for showing, make sure your buck is well-groomed, healthy, and trained to walk on a lead. It's a learning experience, so don't worry too much about winning ribbons.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Buck shows usually take place after January when most bucks are out of rut. They are easier to handle then, and you can wash, clip, and trim them. Out of rut the odor is not so bad. No one wants to be around a bunch of bucks in rut due to the stink and they will bawl at the does, who will scream back. Too stinky, and headache making. Look for shows starting in March.