Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Plan for next couple of weeks prepping for April 13th sale.
Monday I started putting the lambs share of grain ration into creep feeder. So far I've seen Cocoa and Blue Butt eating. Adults and 5mo wether do not fit.
3/30: hoof check and CDT shot
4/6: Final selection of who is going to sale. Wean and photo shoot. Make flyer and share on media.
4/12: DRIVE!

P_20240321_114652.jpg

2302 Cocoa, 2307 Lefty looking good.
P_20240321_111436.jpg

So does 2305 BlueHawk.
P_20240321_114725.jpg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Remember the mystery kill of lamb early this year with only leg and head missing? I just was watching Cammy of Sheep Game and he interrupted a fox kill that was identical: leg gone and throat ripped to spine. A little research shows the large European red fox was introduced in 1890s at Waco, TX which is only 70 miles away. And the native grey fox can climb trees!

I have located many burrows on property. I thought some of them were awful big for rabbits. I may have had foxes denning in my primary paddock till Hera arrived. :eek:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Remember the mystery kill of lamb early this year with only leg and head missing? I just was watching Cammy of Sheep Game and he interrupted a fox kill that was identical: leg gone and throat ripped to spine. A little research shows the large European red fox was introduced in 1890s at Waco, TX which is only 70 miles away. And the native grey fox can climb trees!

I have located many burrows on property. I thought some of them were awful big for rabbits. I may have had foxes denning in my primary paddock till Hera arrived. :eek:
WOW! Now that's a discovery for sure. At least we all know there isn't some strange weird cult out there!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was the error on the entry paperwork or on the registration paperwork? If on the entry paperwork, probably easy to correct.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
2403 is limping again on same right front hoof. The scraped thin spot in bottom is healed but heels really high due to walking tippy toe. Trimmed and we'll see how he does. Definitely not going to April sale at this rate. If he doesn't come sound, I'll wether him and Dominic can use as market lamb.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
If he keeps limping might as well plan on putting him in the freezer. If he continues to limp on and off he won't be a good market lamb prospect - be a real shame for Dominic to put in time and effort and have him go lame again at show time.

You might try Musher's Secret which is a paw protection wax for sled and hunting dogs. Or Second Skin which is a paint on product for people that acts like a cover for scrapes.

Latest posts