Mini Horses 2024 kidding

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tuesday at dusk...just finished feeding, after home from work. Went to feed bottle kid and take hay to a couple shy girls, one (Summer)with a single doeling. There's Daisy in the barn, with new kids 🥰 I thought at morning feed she look like only another day, well I was close. Lovely brown with full white face, a girl👍...one at my foot, felt and a boy. THEN, looked...another white curled up asleep 🤔🤷 a girl. The boy was bottle guy who had nursed "someone" 😳 full tummy!! So twin girls for Daisy. Put her & kids in a jug....lest she be nursing 3. Nope, not the colostrum! Summer did nurse her kid and part time another last yr....who knows maybe her, but he had nursed. The new twins were full, too. Daisy is a 2+ gal a day Saanen.

Ok, apparently the doeling fairy is living here 🤞😊🥰

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, apparently he had taken advantage of Daisy & new kids confusion 🤣 after penning her, he's needing bottle. That's fine. So I'm going to need to milk at least 3 of the dairy moms, to keep production and to ease the volume now there. I wait a week, so kids get all the really rich stuff. And they are butterballs. I'm currently considering the boy as "Dinner" down the road. Haven't used one for freezer in a while. This may be the year.