akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm hoping that Sunday will be nice enough for me to go see my mom and dad. I have a lot of stuff to give them. I'm watching a show and WHOA that was just funny to me. Most people might have found offensive. It's Fire Country. My mom told me about it and now I enjoy it.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fire Country - offensive? No way. Either that or people are total wimps with skin that is thinner than tissue paper.
A good show - perhaps a little off/contrived in some fire scenes- IMO a better watch than most shows out there.
And I live in a high fire risk area.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You will find that a few hens will give you all you need, plus some to share with your parents. Practice deep litter, grass clippings, raked up leaves in the fall, garden trimmings, etc. The chickens will enjoy the variety and what they don’t eat, they will scratch to bits, poop on it and mix it all up. It creates great garden compost, they do all the work for you! Now if only they would learn how to shovel it out and push the wheelbarrow…………

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Ridgetop : I want to have about 60 hens for eggs. I will have to get some that will lay white eggs bc my husband is so picky about pretty much everything. He just doesn't know what's good for him. Haven't been able to do anything with the garden yet. I have a bucket of stuff that I want to till into the garden for nutrients.

Latest posts