akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm guessing that my body is just telling me you're a duhmass (just cleaning up the language), so the Trelegy has given me much better breathing with less pain in my chest. I don't know why cigarettes were ever made. That's what's killing me and of course my own stupidity. Keep smiling and being happy because that's really all we have these days.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still smoking? If you quit, keep an open pack. Put it somewhere where you can see it. Even take one out, look at it and tell it you are the winner and put it back.

It took a triple bypass open heart surgery for my late husband to quit. I told him to keep his last pack, so he put it on a shelf in the kitchen. He could see it, pick it up, take one out, put it back and walk away.

It’s a psychological thing. If you run out, you go into a panic because you are out, and you MUST go get another pack. But if you HAVE a pack, you are not OUT, and that is a comfort. You can pick it up, look, smell, and talk to it. Cuss it out, yell at it, put it down and walk away the victor. When he died 5 years later, that pack of cigarettes was still on the kitchen shelf.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A man told me that he quit by slapping his hands every time he picked up a cigarette. He said he would tell his hands that he was in charge not them and he hasn't smoked in over 10 years. I keep trying to stop and it always ends with a fail however I know that I will be successful someday hopefully sooner than later

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I wish you success!! We both know it's an unhealthy habit (not to mention expensive!) 👍
Yes and thank you. I just wish I could convince my husband to stop but he seriously uses it as a crutch. I see it as an excuse and excuses are like bumholes, everybody has one and they all stink. 🤣

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is Wally going to be your farm dog and pet? In addition to 3 Anatolians, I have Carson, half Labrador and half Great Dane. He comes in the house, follows me everywhere, only sleeps inside when it’s real cold. He’d rather sleep outside so he can bark with the Anatolians. He’s my sidekick and best buddy. Wally looks like he’s going to make a superb best buddy!

Latest posts