Odd behaviour in Lamb

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
We haven't tried our hand at breeding as we are slowly culling the old flock. Will bring in another 3 ewe lambs on the bottle next year, then year after, a ram lamb to put over these three girls. I think we should have a handle on everything by then and feel as prepared as we can be.

A fully stocked pasture of feral brained sheep was definitely too much for us year 1.😅 The last 6 of those were just shorn today. Letting them soft integrate with the young ones since there's plenty of room and chances to break line of sight. Nobody's tried to start anything as of yet.
The 3 most feral of these will go in the freezer come fall.
View attachment 102653
Gorgeous country!! Had to laugh at "feral brained" sheep!! I get it! I had two that were similar (for reasons other than being feral) and they went to auction.

Lizzy733

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Gorgeous country!! Had to laugh at "feral brained" sheep!! I get it! I had two that were similar (for reasons other than being feral) and they went to auction.
Some of ours were literally 'fenced onto' the land when it was first subdivided. Then, I think the previous owner just threw in some romney. Result - they were all very difficult. Getting there. My bottle babies are lovely, but jump up a bit too much.

Latest posts