Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Big day tomorrow! Boone is going to go with me to the hospital for Randy’s surgery.
He will be able to keep me from falling and help with my anxiety since I can’t take the meds for it since I may have to drive.
He has been so good for me. I’ve had lots of pain again today and he’s been laying on the bed with me most of the day.
It’s good to feel loved again. After losing Heath, I didn’t think I would ever feel like this again. ❤️

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you Baymule. I was nervous about it, and I put a lot of prayer and all I had into him, hoping he would be a unicorn. Maturity could still bite me in the @SS but so far, he’s been amazing. He’s definitely not as easy to train as Fen and Heath, but he’s consistent and solid, once he “gets it”. I figured if the breeder is able to show all her working dogs and have strangers go over them teeth to balls, she’s breeding disposition as well as conformation. I am so happy he is in my life!

IMG_8204.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Anatolians are not that friendly. My son and a friend came over yesterday. Anatolians did not like friend, especially approaching the fence where no doubt he was a sheep predator. Good thing I have good fences. Sentry cannot jump or even stand on his hind legs due to hip surgery. Buford does what Sentry does, so if Sentry doesn’t jump fences, then Buford doesn’t. But Buford stands up on the fence snarling and barking. He’s scary! Sheba is too chill, let the boys do it. LOL

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Anatolians are not that friendly. My son and a friend came over yesterday. Anatolians did not like friend, especially approaching the fence where no doubt he was a sheep predator. Good thing I have good fences. Sentry cannot jump or even stand on his hind legs due to hip surgery. Buford does what Sentry does, so if Sentry doesn’t jump fences, then Buford doesn’t. But Buford stands up on the fence snarling and barking. He’s scary! Sheba is too chill, let the boys do it. LOL
Ya know - I’m guessing that coming from a show line that the intensenness that you have has been bred out of that line. While correct it would not be allowed in the AKC conformation rings.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya know - I’m guessing that coming from a show line that the intensenness that you have has been bred out of that line. While correct it would not be allowed in the AKC conformation rings.
It’s also the handler. While an Anatolian may not like being touched by a stranger, he will grudgingly accept it because he trusts his handler.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Actually all of the breeder’s dogs are full time, working LGD’s that only leave the ranch to go to a show, then back out to the pasture. I asked her for the most social of the litter as if we left him home, different cowboys would have to feed him. I have worked really hard though, making sure he meets lots of people and has good experiences with strangers. We’ve gone down to the ranch hotsprings and had people pet him and give treats. Have had all the cowboys and their wives fawn over him and he’s on a first name basis with everyone at the feedstore in Burns and the vet. Trying to make him people friendly and dog neutral have been my highest priority from the day I brought him home as those are the two things that disqualify LGD’s as Service Dogs. He may still fail on me at maturity, but I am hoping not.
He was AWESOME today!! 2 hours waiting in hospital while Randy had second of 3 surgeries. He made lots of friends with Drs, Nurses and people waiting with me. He slept through the hootin and hollering at Texas Roadhouse tonight. I only fell once today and it was when I did not have hold of him.
He’s a natural

IMG_8220.jpeg

IMG_8229.jpeg