Purplequeenvt - New Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can see some of it--$$ of animals & feed. But gardening??? Too much work! Yeah, it's WORK. Guess many aren't motivated or get enough supplemented 🤷
Because most are too DA#@ed LAZY.... if they work, then they are "too tired" and all that bull crap...
I am to the point where they all need to get REAL HUNGRY..... don't have any sympathy for the ones that just won't... will help the ones that try or are physically unable to do so.... screw the rest....

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mallie lambed at 1920 (while I was still at work). We were slow so I spent the day watching her on the cameras. I almost had my sister go check on her because she was farting around and not getting business done. She was extremely crabby and was trying to butt every sheep that passed her pen. I was getting concerned that the lamb was mal-presented, but she finally focused and plooped it out. All I could tell from the camera was that it was dark and maybe had a little white on its face.

Barn check when I got home revealed she had a big black girl with sugar lips (will end up gray) and some white spots on her head and ears. I’m a little disappointed that she didn’t have a spotty katmoget like her ram lamb from last year, but at least it’s a girl.

This is the first time in a couple years that I had more than 2 Shetland ewe lambs in a year.

Farr’s baby girl learned about chin and chest scratches tonight. She was so into it that she almost fell over when I stopped. She’s a chunky little thing.

Jemima’s girl is gorgeous. Beautiful head and ears and built like a tank. Her full sister from last year was practically perfect too.

No pictures until tomorrow because it was too dark for my phone to get a decent shot.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got about 3hrs of sleep last night. I was awake until almost 1am, in part because I have trouble falling asleep, but also because I was watching Fyne to decide if she was actually in labor or just shifting babies around. I was pretty sure she was in labor though so when I couldn’t keep my eyes open anymore, I set a timer for an hour and went to sleep. I woke back up every 20 minutes and checked the cameras. Right before the timer went off, I woke up, checked the camera and she was down pushing.

She gave me 2 nice girls. Not very flashy (aka no spots), but one is moorit (brown).

Jemima’s girl

Farr’s girl

Mallie’s girl

Fyne’s girls

We are done lambing for a few days. Dee is due on 3/22.