Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Day off today. I’ve been stressing about getting stuff done outside. I lost a couple days last week because of bad weather and high pain levels. Apparently I’ve reached the age when my bad joints can predict the weather.

I finally got my garden bed next to the front sidewalk planted. I wanted irises, but couldn’t find them anywhere locally and didn’t want to pay an arm and a leg to order online so I posted on the town’s FB page and someone down the road offered some of hers.

They are yellow.

I had to work all weekend. I dragged myself out of bed at a semi-decent hour this morning. I’ve got so much to do and I have limited time this week.

I did manage to get most of the big projects done today. I set up a new fence for the rams and got them moved. I mowed the pasture the ewes had been on plus the yard. I made a trip to town to pick up feed and I got all of the ewes without lambs, plus most of the moms separated out and moved up to a new pasture so I can wean lambs.

There’s still the moms with younger lambs and 4 adult ewes up with the lambs. I need to shear the 4 ewes and then they’ll get moved out with the other ewes. It’s shockingly quiet out there. The ewes are happy with their new grass and the lambs are in their familiar barn, but also have a new pasture to explore.

Freyja is shedding out the rest of her wool.

Twig is a little brat, but she’s an awfully cute brat.

The rams are happy too.

I’m going to try to get the 4 ewes sheared and moved on Wednesday. I also need to do CD&T boosters on the lambs.

Saturday and Sunday is the KY Sheep and Fiber Festival in Lexington. The Bluegrass Classic Sheepdog trial is happening at the same time/same location. My sister is running one of her dogs. I won’t be able to be there at when she’s running him, unfortunately.

I’m planning to go to the festival on Saturday and then hang out at the trial for a while.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good luck on the joint pain. I have used Arnicare for years. I use the cream Rob and Arnicare pills. I even give my dogs the pills for pain, especially for copperhead snake bites.

I finally got knee replacement 1 1/2 years ago. It’s awesome! I can walk again and not lurch around like I’ve been on a 3 day drunk!

I was given a prescription for hydrocodone, but only took 7 pills over 3 weeks. I took the Arnicare pills, 4 under the tongue every 4 hours, and I used the cream rub on my leg. Can’t get it on an open cut, so I kept a little distance. My leg was one big bruise from my thigh to my ankle. Arnicare helps dissipate bruises too.

So I’m recommending Arnicare for your aches and pains, it really works.

Latest posts