rachels.haven's Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will use TSC for some convenience... but mostly deal with the couple of local feed mills and stores... besides TSC seldom even can compete with prices... except on some hardware things that I have found... Rural King is much more oriented to farmers... and I hear that Menards is also more farmer oriented.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will use TSC for some convenience... but mostly deal with the couple of local feed mills and stores... besides TSC seldom even can compete with prices... except on some hardware things that I have found... Rural King is much more oriented to farmers... and I hear that Menards is also more farmer oriented.
Menards was our favorite. I MISS that bb store.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sipping coffee and about to go sort sheep for lessons. Fog is rolling out and this is the view …..
IMG_6219.jpeg

IMG_6225.jpeg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh sigh on Tractor Supply.
All my feed comes from local businesses 👍🏼. For other things, hog panels, buckets, wormers (that can’t be shipped here via online orders), vaccines, special orders (Purina sheep mineral), etc they have by far the lowest prices. So I guess my shopping there is convenience and need for the best price.
The folks working there are all locals
Sigh sigh oh Tractor Supply.
I’ll have to look further to buy.
(Oh goodness, I’ve had too much coffee 🤣).

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sick today all day. Discovered today half way through the day why-after I spent lots of time outside already of course. A week or so ago they round uped a wheat field. Today they are tilling it under. I guess I won't miss that. Feels like I've got the flu with a touch of asthma. I just want to SLEEP. So of course I worked on my milk stand project. Time to get more materials! Nm that I feel like I'm an ugly mess today.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Again, never seen they allow a non-Christian fundraiser.
Maybe no other religious organization asked if they could do one. When our 4-H club did food collection for food bank on weekend before Thanksgiving I had to write several months ahead to get permission from the head office, an send them our 4-H insurance certificate.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
1000002848.jpg

I finished my improved super deluxe (shorter) milk stand and plopped it into the lineup. Now I guess I should sell one of the smaller ones. The new one isn't perfect, but DH gave it the stamp of approval and recommends : 1)not buying lumber at Lowe's (so....hd?) and b)buying a planer and jointer. I had to use Dan as a weight to hold warped and not straight split happy wood together while fastening it and that caused all sorts of issues. Dan loved helping me build it. That was fun, and less than half of the price to buy one-not to mention the milk stand place doesn't make the nice, big, wide ones anymore.