Ridgetop - our place and how we muddle along

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish you lived closer since I have a lot of stuff I would hire you to build/fabricate for me! On the other hand, we have never been to Montana so this would be a good reason to take a vacation there and pick up any stuff I order on the way home. I wonder if it the livestock stuff would fit in the 5th wheel? LOL

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I wish you lived closer since I have a lot of stuff I would hire you to build/fabricate for me! On the other hand, we have never been to Montana so this would be a good reason to take a vacation there and pick up any stuff I order on the way home. I wonder if it the livestock stuff would fit in the 5th wheel? LOL
Depends on what you need, things can be customized to fit. No problems, only solutions.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Depends on what you need, things can be customized to fit. No problems, only solutions.
I need welded panels 60"w x 42" tall with a 24-30" gate in it. They pin together with my other panels. My guy that made these is sort of out of business and I can't find anyone that makes them in the right dimensions to fit the panels I already have. I wrote to him about making some, but he is 4 months behind if he even decides he can continue making them. :( I also need them to be affordable LOL. I might decide to make new jug gates and panels out of wood if I can't get the portable panels. I can bolt them together when needed and take them apart when not needed. The bolts are more trouble than the pins but . . . .

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wrote for a price.

My DDIL's Boer goats just kidded. Both are first fresheners. The first one had triplets, 2 bucks and a doe. The second had twin bucks. So 4 Boer bucks for the auction and with Boer prices beng what they are, she should make something even in California.

Katie boer kids .jpg Diamond's triplets Katie boer kids 2.jpg

Katie boer kids.jpg Pearl's twins IMG_20240330_145053.jpg

I am posting these because she is uncertain how to post and I probably gave her bad instructions. If her thread is floating somewhere in the internet ether instead of on BYH, it is my fault.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her name is SecretHavenFarms. She joined a couple years ago but right now has not posted anything despite my urging.

The sun is out here after threats of a second Flood. 2-3" of rain and multiple landslides predicted but did not seem to appear. At least not here, although S1 said that we got about 4-5" of water in the feed tubs on the field Friday night.

Packed a few more things yesterday. I keep dragging out items and packing them to go when I have a moment. Waiting for the rest of my slipcovers to arrive. A couple will be returned - the dark blue and navy were the same color. They were definitely dark blue, not what I would consider navy which is almost black in my view. Cark blue is what i wanted. I also ordered a set in sand, which is beige. I will see which looks best in Yantis then return the others. Although the dark blue would not show as much dirt as the beige so maybe keep both. They were on sale and with the coupons, were a great price. One set was less than $30 per loveseat, the other was less than $40! I have a pair of loveseats so that beats selling them and buying a sofa - even in Palm Spring consignment houses. I'll wait to go to Palm Springs for a leather :fl sofa until we come out next Christmas to visit kids. Or maybe not, have to see how these fit.

New lambs from Wes have had their first set of shots. I will vaccinate them and mamas again in a couple weeks. We have to do GR10's new lambs, and dock the ewe lamb. Wes's lambs' tails are already banded. 7088's ram lamb needs second set of CDT. On Monday we are going to play
with the paint branding so DGD1 can help us. I will have her wear an old work shirt over her school clothes.

Off to mass this morning. Then home to get ready for family dinner - extend and set table Put roast in oven. Thaw cheesecake.

HAPPY EASTER!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
DGD1 named the lambs today. The black headed Fullblood received the original name of "Blackie". The cross bred ewe lamb with the cute black face DGD1 decided to name "Coon" because she had a racoon mask. DGD1 didn't understand why her uncle and I both vetoed that name! LOL The lamb has been renamed "Bandit". The purebred White Dorper ram lamb has been named "Patton", and the other White Dorper ram lamb is "Ike". I will probably rename the black head Dorper ram either "General" or "Rommel". He will be sold at a later time. Maybe take him to Duncan next year.