Coffee anyone ?

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Checked the incubator, looks like out of 80 only 30 ducklings are going to make it to hatch, no pattern I see of why so many died. I could understand if this shelf was mostly dead ones or this side of the shelves, but no equally just as many dead on one shelf as the other and on each side of the shelves. These were suppose to hatch end of this week.

Also lost 3 goose eggs that were to hatch in the next few days in one of those hobby incubators yesterday. Temperature was reading 77°F I check with laser thermometer and it was 112°F in there, no sign of life anymore.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:weee :weeeGood morning. Opened lowest pasture to sheep. They are enjoying fresh grass and the babbling brook. They will be enjoying dewormer all week too. Some will walk up and take their dose (mixed with molasses) readily. The rest is rodeo. I have ten blackberry bushes to plant. The wild ones are blooming so berries either way. My peach trees set fruit, in spite of the freeze. Crabapples too. Apple trees are too young. Time to go garden.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Its pouring out. Day after day. I was sure that this winter would have been easier for me, having one wet dreary winter under my belt. But I'm in my PRIME, and after 69 years of living in mostly great weather areas around the US (except for Rochester NY), its been hard.

I do thank the Lord for water though. Water is glorious and needed for all that I still want to accomplish in my life.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do thank the Lord for water though. Water is glorious and needed for all that I still want to accomplish in my life.

Agree but, sure would appreciate more than 2 days between the blessings. 😁 Just dry up between rains time. I need to work some things that won't happen in wet, soggy, windy conditions.

We're probably going to be at our wettest march on record in many years tomorrow. 10.85"... And we're only 2" away. Raining now, possibly 3" over next 36 hr. Well, thank you!! Maybe April will be drier. 🥰

I'm working a long day tomorrow, during downpours. Put several jobs at one store, same day, so not tracking in & out except one time. 👍. Better go get the umbrella out of the car, where I just left it. 🥴

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey all, I need some help with something and I feel like y'all might be able to help me with it.
I am hosting Easter this year for my parents. Got any easy Easter brunch recommendations?
How easy?
Those charcuterie boards are still all the rage I think.
My Mom used to make an egg casserole for Christmas morning because it's assembled the night before & baked the next day. It's slices of bread & cooked sausage layered with cheese & covered in an egg batter. You could use Ham & add layers of mushrooms, spinach,...?
I can look up the recipe if you'd like.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
How easy?
Those charcuterie boards are still all the rage I think.
My Mom used to make an egg casserole for Christmas morning because it's assembled the night before & baked the next day. It's slices of bread & cooked sausage layered with cheese & covered in an egg batter. You could use Ham & add layers of mushrooms, spinach,...?
I can look up the recipe if you'd like.
Just looking for quick ideas because I am gone all day Saturday and have church Sunday morning. Great idea thank you! I'll look up a recipe!