Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Actually, Va fencing is determined by county... The county I live in is a "fence out" county... the county just a couple miles north is a "fence in" county.... can be confusing... but regardless.... if the owner of the animal is determined and it is on a LEGAL, State or County road... owner is responsible for any damage.... so no one claims any animals if they are the cause of accidents and there is no identifying names etc on the eartags....or brands or anything... most counties down in southwest Va are fence out... in fact, in Highland county, there are actual cattle guards on a couple of roads since the roads go through some big farms... and fencing was just not practical... so there are cattle guards at the fences where the roads cross into the farmland... and wind their way through, and cattle guards where the road exits out of the farm also... and it is a legal state road and the state does plow it....

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
My son was in a wreck in Midland, Texas this morning and is in the hospital there. He’s waiting on test results now. He was banged up, hopefully results will come back ok and he’ll be released today, if not, he’ll be released tomorrow. A lady pulled out in front of him and he hit her. She is injured, he doesn’t know how bad and due to patient privacy, no one will tell him. At least she’s alive.

His truck may be totaled, he’ll worry about that later. When he gets released, he’s going to rent a car, he can turn it in at Lufkin and I can pick him up there.

So that’s been my morning.
Oh no! I am so sorry! Being a parent can be so scary when your kids get hurt and you can’t fix it! Praying for your boy!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule hoping your son is home. Inspect him😄, give some pain meds for "achy"….. 🤣home cooked meals by Dr mom.

Breaking daylight. Just got a cup of fresh brewed. It's 36 out - so bundle up, feed and go to work. I'm doing an all day job at store with no assigned rep (they quit). Agreed only due to weather. Can't do anything in squishy ground, might as well make a $$. Stay at home would just annoy me about not workable farm needs! 🤷🫤. Occupy my mind 🙂

Hope everyone has a great day!! 👍

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Son got home about 11:30. He was tired and worn out. We’ll go turn the rental car in this morning. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day. I let the ewes and lambs out in the yard and just sat outside enjoying them.
So glad he’s home and okay. As a crane operator they are the on the edge of eeek! a lot and don’t expect to be clobbered in their pickup!

Last edited:

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning, I will say here is something speaking on vehicles and wrecks not many know. That cute ABS safety feature that all vehicles come with, it's best if you can if you live out here to have a switch to flip it off.
Reason I say that is on rock/dirt roads when you slam the brakes it's like marbles you just slide, well while you are sliding you are building up friction and digging in the rock/dirt that will help stop the vehicle. Now you flip ABS on and you slightly dig in if you do while hugging your brakes then lets off automatically and now you have to dig in again and regain friction, by then you are hitting whatever....
Some vehicles you can pop the fuse, and I believe that is what else saved the wife, I pulled the ABS fuse and the car was able to dig in to stop.