Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah gas is up & down! We have a WaWa in town an I noticed they have a string of EV charging spots👍🤣. Never seen them used but it is right by a heavy route between I-95 & eastern shore. Maybe travelers will welcome that. I've often wondered about long distance & EVs. Your mower made me think of it 🤣

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My DD and DSIL have a battery riding lawnmower and they love it. No noise, no fumes, they also always keep a hybrid car.
You will enjoy the mower.

I can’t start anything with a pull rope. Just one of those things that I’m totally inept with. Have never gotten the hang of it.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I LOVED my hybrid Ioniq for long commute to Ennis and back. It took gas and switch to electric motor for coasting. It was great since it had decent acceleration with gas. During Snowmaggedon I could economize on gas AND charge my electric devices by trimming speed as I drove. Highest trip "MGP" was 57 ;).

I only sold after we moved onto acreage. If they ever get a AFFORDABLE hybrid SUV that can actually tow a small trailer, I might buy one.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Years ago we had an electric mower that "floated" above the ground. Kids loved it. When it died, we could never find another. It was incredibly lightweight but did a great job on the grass. I think it may have been more like a giant string trimmer than an actual mower. We loved it. Never seen one since. Daddy (DFIL) got it somewhere - he was always turning up with "deals" or stuff he found.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up and gone to test this morning... It went fine as it always does at this farm... One of the reasons I still keep on testing... farms like this one.

Came back by Sharp Shopper and got some more of the frozen ham lunch meat, and some frozen individual lemon creme pies... got one and it was pretty good... $.99 each and I got 2 "deserts " out of one...
Got home, stuck the stuff in the freezer... brought samples in house to pack sometime... I also took some wax beans out of the freezer to bring into the house freezer for eating... Going to take several cans of the frenched green beans to Deb's tomorrow for the Easter lunch... maybe a couple of my frenched wax beans too for variety... going to only be 4 or 5 of us... She was making the ham and scalloped potatoes from my potatoes I dropped off..

Ran the clothes through and did a 2nd rinse and they are hung. It is 60 or so out, very bright "grey" skies with some sun peeking through and a light breeze... the load ought to dry pretty good...

Got the adjustable pliers to get the 2 sections of hose apart because I cannot unscrew it by hand... I am not a big fan of all this plastic... but with the lime in the water here, plastic is the only way to go... the metal hose ends get "fused" together from the deposits... so I want to get these 2 apart before I can't get them apart... doesn't get deposited on the plastic ends and "stick them together"....

Need to get the big trap out and fool with it a bit... get it set up for trying to catch whatever is out there some nights.

Possible showers later and maybe some on Sunday... typical for Easter...
We are already 1/4 of the way through 2024 ....:ep:ep:idunno:idunno:idunno. Where has the time gotten to so fast?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
My DD and DSIL have a battery riding lawnmower and they love it. No noise, no fumes, they also always keep a hybrid car.
You will enjoy the mower.

I can’t start anything with a pull rope. Just one of those things that I’m totally inept with. Have never gotten the hang of it.
Which on do they have? Not that I'm looking (I've got 'monster red' a robot brush cutter/mower because we've got some slopes that are not for tractors or should I say tractor-tippers) I didn't even know there were electric riding mowers!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
so I want to get these 2 apart before I can't get them apart... doesn't get deposited on the plastic ends and "stick them together"....
You can try using vaseline on the metal ends when attaching hoses. Or use the white plumbers tape.

(I've got 'monster red' a robot brush cutter/mower
What is a robot brush cutter /mower?!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is a robot brush cutter /mower?!
Thought I had video of it - but noooo. LOL this is the only pic I can find....
It's got a remote control and can do the steep slopes. We grabbed it while we could late last year before the wonderful CA restrictions on gas powered stuff started.
LOL so we've got the fast mower - monster red and the slooooooow mower lamb.
I'll try to snag a video of it when I'm using it.
IMG_3028.jpeg