Is my goat going to give birth? What is this? (Urgent, new goat owner)

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi, first post. I’m hoping posting here will help! My goat has this mucus stuff coming out of her and has been looking pregnant since we got her a few months ago. Is she going into labor? What do I do?

Attachments

• IMG_6421.jpeg
    IMG_6421.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 88

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
She's bagged...I'd say she'll kid soon. Between a couple hrs or couple weeks. 🤣. If the mucus turns pink, it'll be soon. Looking at her sides, she'll have 2-4.…..prob trips.

Most often, they kid just fine without help. Amazing!!! Keep a watch and let us know what's happening.

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She's bagged...I'd say she'll kid soon. Between a couple hrs or couple weeks. 🤣. If the mucus turns pink, it'll be soon. Looking at her sides, she'll have 2-4.…..prob trips.

Most often, they kid just fine without help. Amazing!!! Keep a watch and let us know what's happening.
Ahh I hope today or tomorrow!! I’ll have a thanksgiving baby(or babies.. I’m praying for just one haha :fl)

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score

Hey asking again, apologies! I noticed red- bloody color or pink. So does that mean it’s soon?

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Is she tied on a rope? Do you have a pen to put her in? If she is giving birth, a rope will make it much harder on her.
We just put her into a pen a few hours ago, dw! At first I put her on a couple feet of rope so she can choose where to nest but where she chose wasn’t safe. Which, we put her in her stall with bedding