Is my goat going to give birth? What is this? (Urgent, new goat owner)

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
This is her stall

Attachments

• IMG_6433.jpeg
    IMG_6433.jpeg
    463.2 KB · Views: 73

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Things move pretty quickly if you leave her be...don't hover or she will slow labor. Once they start coming, she'll move along quickly. So, watch "from afar"...

If she's kidded before she could be finished in a couple hrs. Midnightish you'll have kids or real close to it. 🥰

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Things move pretty quickly if you leave her be...don't hover or she will slow labor. Once they start coming, she'll move along quickly. So, watch "from afar"...

If she's kidded before she could be finished in a couple hrs. Midnightish you'll have kids or real close to it. 🥰
Thank you, I’m so nervous about it being quick though. Her last batch was stillborn bc they weren’t helped in time. But one pulled through!

So if everything works out, I’ll post them and I’ve named them Thanksgiving, turkey and yams

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
If she has difficulty you help. But last ones stillborn, they are usually expired before birth, not during. Once she's pushing, they should come out within a few minutes...then another normally 5-15 min, etc. hoping for good results. Be sure bag rips off head quickly after coming out. Usually that will break as they are coming out. If not, break it open soon as it delivers. Mom will clean and lick them but, if another comes quick, be ready to wipe face & nose of first so it can breathe.

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
If she has difficulty you help. But last ones stillborn, they are usually expired before birth, not during. Once she's pushing, they should come out within a few minutes...then another normally 5-15 min, etc. hoping for good results. Be sure bag rips off head quickly after coming out. Usually that will break as they are coming out. If not, break it open soon as it delivers. Mom will clean and lick them but, if another comes quick, be ready to wipe face & nose of first so it can breathe.
Thank you so much for your help. I’ve never once seen birth of any kind in real life, nor have I helped. But now I feel much more prepared. I think she has 8 hours left max. But I saw pink, so it might be sooner

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help. I’ve never once seen birth of any kind in real life, nor have I helped. But now I feel much more prepared. I think she has 8 hours left max. But I saw pink, so it might be sooner
Adding onto this. She’s due in 8hrs as stated so around 2am PST. I will stay up till then and check on her

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Does anyone know what that is? It isn’t clear, and it has stuff on it. It almost looks like a stomach or something. Should I go out and feel it?

Attachments

• IMG_6458.jpeg
    IMG_6458.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 60