Sheep due soon!

LindyAcres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We milked them with the hand pump from premier1 with decent success last year. We must have found the same teat wash recipe because it was castle soap and essential oils. Reminds me I need to mix up some more. The whole gang drank the milk and we were all fine. It is really good milk. We didn't build a milking stand and ended up tying their halters to the porch. I was basically laying under them getting stepped on while milking! This weekend we will build a stand. I'll send you a pic when it's done.

Tiny Tails Rabbitry 101

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We milked them with the hand pump from premier1 with decent success last year. We must have found the same teat wash recipe because it was castle soap and essential oils. Reminds me I need to mix up some more. The whole gang drank the milk and we were all fine. It is really good milk. We didn't build a milking stand and ended up tying their halters to the porch. I was basically laying under them getting stepped on while milking! This weekend we will build a stand. I'll send you a pic when it's done.
Were their teats too small to milk by hand? My hands are pretty small. I have milked a friends Nigerian dwarf goat before. I was surprised at the size! Other than that I have not milked any animals before. I am glad you like that recipe! It is one thing to read an article that says it works great, but it’s even better having someone tell me that. That sounds awful! Kinda reminds me of hoof trimming! 🤣 I would love to see a pic of the stand when it’s done! I am not following any plans for mine. I am using random pieces of wood. The entire floor is made of old fence boards that were left at my house when we bought it.

LindyAcres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ours are really small. They aren't breeds known for making loads of milk. Probably could do it by hand if you were determined but the pump only takes a few minutes per side. We are going to check out what the Amish neighbors charge for wood...might be a good deal! Just winging it for ours too.

Tiny Tails Rabbitry 101

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ours are really small. They aren't breeds known for making loads of milk. Probably could do it by hand if you were determined but the pump only takes a few minutes per side. We are going to check out what the Amish neighbors charge for wood...might be a good deal! Just winging it for ours too.
I’m gonna give hand milking a go and see how it turns out! Good luck with the Amish farmers! I hope you find some cheap wood.

Does anyone give any minerals/supplements after your ewes give birth?