Urgent need of advice/help

CrabbyGranny

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok, we have a family! 🥰. Congrats.
Hot Lips looks to be doing fine -- you? Well, hug them!
They've definitely had a few. Granny hugs! I think Hotlips is doing ok, she's just exhausted now I think. She was doing fine letting them nurse and they were doing pretty darn good themselves. She's really just wanting to sleep now. Babies are killing me trying to learn how to lay down now that they mastered standing up. Who would have thought they would b so entertaining!? I'm so in love. I just hope they stay warm enough! EVERYTHING is worrying me if I'm honest.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
She'll drink way more water while nursing. FYI. Some grains to keep production up. Plenty of hay. Kids will be fine curled together...and they get cuter by the hour 🥰. Enjoy them. You & Hot Lips did great.

CrabbyGranny

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She'll drink way more water while nursing. FYI. Some grains to keep production up. Plenty of hay. Kids will be fine curled together...and they get cuter by the hour 🥰. Enjoy them. You & Hot Lips did great.
How am I suppos to know they are getting enough colostrum or milk if they ar nursing? They nurse, but not for very long, and I don't have a clue what a full tummy should feel like. I used to think this was all pretty natural but the more info I get the more I'm stressed!

CrabbyGranny

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
They will drink what they need. Their tummies are not big enough to hold much. If you figure that they can only hold a couple ounces at a time it will be less worrisome. If you want to reassure yourself, put your fingers behind the ribs and gently squeeze a bit. If the sides collapse like an empty bag they are empty, if it feels sort of like a soft ball their tums are full. If they are hungry they will cry and mama will check on them and they will nurse. They will eat when they are hungry. A hungry baby is a healthy baby.